Monday, February 20, 2017

Conference and Interview Looks on a Grad Student Budget - Shein

Hey loves!
Happy February!
It's been a rather hectic couple of weeks since my last post, but I have finally been able to get some more inspiration! I went thru a dark period of helplessness and sadness about current world situations, but I have finally found my way to deal with it, by being active about issues that are important to me... but it is draining my energy!
This weekend I was finally able to recharge and relax, and prepare for an interview for a job post-PhD!
Here is some inspiration for outfits to wear to a conference, interview, formal networking event, whatever, and you can be fashionable while at it! And in addition, they don't break the bank! Thanks SheIn for great deals! I picked dresses, tops, and a lot of blazers - blazers are very versatile, and can be reborn with multiple pieces, so you can get one staple piece and pair with multiple tops and bottoms! This is especially helpful if you are traveling for conferences, minimizes the amount of clothes and outfits to bring! A good blazer is always a good thing to have as a part of a capsule wardrobe! 
These dresses are simple and flattering - with some cool detail like bell sleeves, fun patterns, and special hems! I want all of them in my closet, and with the prices, I'm sure I could afford them!
I really like the detail of the tops, especially the scalloped white top - such a pretty top to pair with a nice pair of jeans or dress pants! Could see myself wearing that to lab or a special event!


Dresses
Bell Sleeve Pencil Dress Porcelain Print Pencil Dress Black Scalloped Hem Keyhole Dress




Tops
White scallop off shoulder top Grey Marled Crisscross Top
Blazers
Front Long line Cape Blazer Tribal Print Tassel Blazer Wrap Peplum Blazer
Gray Long Sleeve Blazer Off the shoulder fold over double button blazer


What do you think about these conference wear pieces from SheIn?
Do you have any upcoming interviews/conferences/formal events you need some inspiration for? Do let me know in the comments below what are some of your staple pieces!
xo Andrea




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. No conference for me for a while, dear Andrea, and I am very glad that you posted - I was a bit worried and checked your blog sometimes, and there was nothing. But I am happy that you are fine now and having a job interview! Fingers crossed! By the way, I loved the penal dress and the tassel blazer - also the cape. I think all the items you selected are great and I would love to have some of them! I hope you have a very nice day, if you need anything, please count on me to listen to you! Hugs!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conference next week! Thanks for your timely post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks and the prices are awesome, too!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig