Monday, January 16, 2017

Spring and Winter in LA - MakeMeChic

Hello!
Can't believe we are already halfway done with the month! Time is flying by!
The weather in LA has been rather up and down... we had some big storms, with much needed rain that helped our state come out of Extreme Drought, and then the sun popped out here and there for a beautiful clear day! This weekend it was rather nice, but still chilly.

Since I have been all covered up in lab and because of the cold weather, the first sign of clear weather I put on this really pretty Floral Print Scoop Neck A-line Dress from Make Me Chic. I adored the floral print, and I really loved that it was white with a blue pattern, it felt very classy and chic. The material was also really soft and comfortable, and I loved the sweetheart neckline, I feel like it is very flattering on my body type. It was also a sleeveless dress, which looked really pretty with the design of the dress - I really liked the shape of this dress! Hitting right above the knee, it was the perfect length for me, especially as a petite girl, and along with a pair of heels, made me look a lot taller! The dress also had an invisible zipper on the side, which made it easy to put on.

To keep warm when the sun went down and the temperature dropped, I wore a long black cardigan that you can easily wrap around yourself.
Dress: Make Me Chic | Heels: Nine West | Cardigan: Small store in the UK | Earrings: Pearl and Clasp | Bracelets: Handmade

I was on the lookout for a new pair of heels that was comfortable, as I had destroyed a pair of black Nine West heels that I had bought at TJ Maxx - I stopped in the Nine West store at the mall and described the shoe - they luckily had the same exact style, just in a different color, in the back and it was on super clearance! So I scored these replicas of my super comfy heels but in this nude color, which really went well with this outfit! I love nude colored shoes and heels - I feel like they make you look taller! I was so excited with my find!

As you have noticed with a lot of my recent posts, I'm talking about dresses. I love dresses, and although I can't wear them to lab much, I have worn dresses by pairing them with black leggings underneath and a change of shoes! Perfect and easy (as long as the dress isn't completely flammable! lol). I could totally see myself wearing this dress to lab on a Friday to go out to happy hour!
I was also impressed with the selection of dresses on the Make Me Chic site, and they are all well priced, perfect for my graduate student budget!

What do you think about this dress?  Do you yearn to wear dresses during the winter months like I do? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a wonderful week!

xo

Andrea

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Such a cute spring dress!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're body is GOALS and the dress looks gorgeous on you babe! I wish I had an amazing sense of fashion like you xx Nikita

    jasminelovesblog.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just look like springtime!! I love it! <3 - https://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig