Monday, August 15, 2016

Beach Chic Essentials - Don't want summer to end!

Hello!
Today I'm bringing you a "Beach Chic Essentials" post, where I'm talking about pieces that I'd wear to the beach! I am totally missing the beaches of Nice and Southern France, I had such a good time (photos to be shared in part II of travel diary coming next post!).


Beach Chic Essentials

Beach Chic Essentials 



1. Swimsuit - I mean, duh, you need a swim suit for the beach. But a long standing problem we all have is what kind is best for our body type. I have been opting for bikinis in the last couple of  years, but styles have been changing and there are a LOT of cute one pieces, for some extra coverage. A lot of people have the thinking that a one piece is for someone who isn't confident in their body, but I would disagree! I've seen a lot of celebrities and really confident women wearing some stunning one pieces! But how to decide what kind of suit goes best for your body? Here are my criteria for deciding:
  • Do I feel comfortable in this?? **So important!!!** You don't want to buy a suit just because it is a trend, and when you are on the beach you are so uncomfortable. You will just be squirming on the beach the entire time worrying about how you look. This has happened to me before and such a no no.
  • Is it flattering? What kind of top and coverage does it have for the girls? I like having a little more coverage than showing a lot of cleavage. Halter? Spaghetti strap? strapless? Again depends on if you think it is flattering and if it is comfortable.
  • Bottoms - what kind of coverage do you want? More skin showing, go for more "cheeks" peeking out, or more coverage, you can go for more traditional bikini bottoms. I like fuller coverage bottoms with some ruching, provides full coverage while still making my bottom look nice!
  • What kind of tan lines do I want? I've seen a lot of really cool cut out swim suits - especially with one pieces, and you have to consider what kind of tan lines you are ok with, especially if they are visible with every day clothing.
2. Shoes/Sandals - I choose some cute sandals that I can wear to the beach and not worry about destroying them. Also ones that I don't mind sand getting on them, or easily clean. I got some crazy  tan lines from being on the beach in France, haha on my feet!! Never would have thought!

3. Accessories  - Some cute accessories can complete the look! A big floppy hat is my go to right now, to block out the sun's damaging rays from my face, a cute beach colored phone case (waterproof preferred), and some jewelry - a cute necklace, a ring, a floaty, a floral headpiece, for that boho look!

4. Cute tote bag to carry all your essentials - I really like these woven or straw tote bags, they are super cute and add a boho look. They also fit a lot more than you think, so they are definitely a good kind of bag to use for the beach! and you won't mind if you get some sand in it!

5. A cute towel -  I made the mistake of not bringing a towel with me to the beach in Nice, and it was a mistake because they didn't have sandy beaches, they had pebble beaches, and oh my when the sun hits down, the pebbles are HOT! so I used a scarf as a makeshift towel, but next time I will be more prepared! There are so many cute and chic towels, with cute patterns or sayings, so many different kinds! 


Shop the look below!


What are some beach essentials you MUST have? How did you determine what kind of swim suit is best for your body type? What kind of swim suit do you gravitate towards? one piece or bikini?
Let me know, I'd love to know in the comments below!

xo

Andrea


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. These are all really cute. I love the straw bags!

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. qué chaladas! me gustan mucho los oufit! I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your beach essentials! Really good ones, dear Andrea! I agree with you about the "cheeks" :) I am not a friend of the sun, or it is not my friend, so I don't tan (only get horribly red), so I would prefer a more covered bathing suit. I liked the suggestions of bags and I think with these essentials we would be in a good way on the beach! I tend to go to the beach for strolls in the winter, it's more friendly for me :) I hope you have a very samazing day!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can believe the summer is almost over - I wish summer was all year around:) Beautiful selection!

    www.hairwonderfulday.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer here in Manila ended few months ago and I envy those countries who are still in summer season. :)


    Your blog is awesome! I saw it and thought if you would like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back asap. Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect essential for the beach! Love the bags!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute must haves! x

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post dear, these essentials are perfect - thanks for sharing!

    Faye .x

    http://www.fayeisabella.co.uk/2016/08/statement.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate that summer is almost over. I adore that towel you picked with the tassels.

    xo, Christina
    http://www.christinabeex3.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig