Monday, May 23, 2016

Interview Outfit - The Real World seems pretty sweet!

I am in shock that it is almost the end of May! This year is literally flying by, and I can't believe it is almost the end of my 5th year and graduation is in 3 weeks!
I recently had my first interview for a job/post doc after grad school and it was a surreal experience. I have gotten thru three rounds of interviews for the position, and now it is just a waiting game to see if I get an offer! *fingers crossed*
It was awesome to realize I actually am good enough and qualified for the real world. When you are so swamped in your work in graduate school you tend to forget that a real world exists outside! This year has been so difficult and stressful for me, work wise and I think knowing that an end is near has really helped me not stress out so much about the little things! It's all about how you manage stress, and really putting things in perspective. This has really helped me deal with things soooo much better!
Anyway, here is an outfit I had been meaning to post for two weeks now and I am FINALLY getting around to it. This quarter has been so busy and I have barely found time to do anything for myself, and since I finished my workout program at the beginning of the month I kinda fell off track with meals and workouts these last two weeks. BUT! No more, I am getting back on track starting today, with my meals and workouts. I realized I need to make time for myself and I feel strongest and best when I get my workout in!
This is the outfit I wore to my first interview for a big girl job as a research post doc, and I wore this floral blouse my aunt sent me for my birthday (or christmas? for some holiday as a gift, lol), and these dress pants I recently bought from Express, their editor pant, that was a costly $79.99. I bought these at the beginning of April as a last resort because I really needed dress pants that fit for the San Diego conference I went to, and all of my old dress pants wouldnt button..... and so I had to buy a size 8 from Express, and they finally closed. I'm not too concerned with the sizes because every brand is different, so I'm not stressing about having to go up from a 4 to an 8.... Ok - so I wore these same pants at the beginning of April, and when I put them on 2 weeks ago after finishing my work out program and for my in person interview. THEY WERE LOOSE. Too loose! I could easily fit a finger or two at the waist and they weren't hugging my thighs anymore! WOW I was so excited (but sad at the same time, since they were a costly pair) that I am seeing some non-scale victory results, as I weighed myself and the number literally didn't budge. 

Pants: Express Editor Dress Pant | Top: Oasis | Necklace: Walmart | Shoes: Charlotte Russe

The shoes I bought for 10$ from Charlotte Russe, they were on super sale! And the necklace was $5 from Walmart.com! So besides the pants, this was a rather cheap outfit (given that the top was a gift), but it is a nice interview or conference outfit for less than $100! I did wear a black blazer that I already owned, and tied my hair back at my actual interview and when I had to give my seminar talk in front of all of the people at the company. I felt so professional and just overall great!
Whether or not I get the job, I felt really good after the interview, and now it is just a waiting game. Fingers crossed because I think its a great fit, but everything happens for a reason, so if I don't get it, that just means there's something else waiting for me!

Have a wonderful week ahead ! 

xoxo

Andrea


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Dear Andrea, I am so glad for you! I know we don't know each other in person, but it feels like so! I'm so glad to come here now, if it were last week I wouldn't get the good news - I unfortunately caught the bad swine flu. Now I am finally out of bed - took me 9 days! I am so glad you will graduate in 3 weeks - yes, the year is flying! And that you had a job interview - I am crossing my fingers, for you to get it! Also, the number of pants or whatever is not very important, but if it fits well and is comfy - and brands have so different sizes. I hope you take these pants to a seamstress, since they got loose! Your outfit is very beautiful - I love the yellow floral top! And $10 for Charlotte Russe shoes, well done! Hope you have a great week!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're graduating in 3 weeks, go you! That's fantastic!! You look great, by the way, very nice pop of color!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig