Friday, February 12, 2016

All you need is love - Valentines or "Gal-entines" outfit

Happy Valentines Day (soon!) loves!
I've been so crazy busy and overwhelmed these last few weeks, as I have been saying over and over again, and I haven't really been able to do a proper outfit post. What better event for an outfit than Valentines Day? I hadn't been able to go shopping lately because of finances and trying to save money, so I had to dig through my closet for something new that I haven't worn in a while! Life of a grad student - shopping in your own closet!
This is a body con dress that I got from Asos years ago, it must be from 2010? I think I saw another blogger wear it and it inspired me to buy it. I havent really worn it because of the open back and the body con style, it really hugs every curve, and since I felt like I gained some weight recently, I wasn't comfortable to wear it. But with my new fitness journey, I feel more comfortable in my body and I lost some weight, so I felt great in it. Of course, sometimes you can see a pooch, but I challenge YOU to wear a body con! haha!
I took these photos at the "Love Wall" in Culver City, and it was the perfect back drop for a Valentines post!
I love this dress, i particularly love the neckline with the crotched lace! For accessories I just wore my Nine West black heels, a black clutch/purse from Express that I got over Christmas, and my Boyajian Trend Gallery Yayoi Collection Tassel bracelet.

Dress: Asos | Heels: Nine West | Earrings: Charlotte Russe | Bracelet: Boyajian Trend Gallery | Purse: Express

I really liked how a bunch of these photos came out, so I couldn't choose just a few!

Another thing I like about this dress is it could be worn for a "Gal-entines" day celebration with your girlfriends, instead of with your significant other!

Me and the boy are probably just going to cook some good steak with wine and movies for Valentine's. I don't really believe in the dropping so much money on gifts and dinner and what not. It was fun for my first Valentines with my boy, but now I'm good with just sitting at home and spending time together :)

Do you have any plans for Valentines with your significant other or your friends?

Let me know in the comments below! And sorry I haven't visited your blogs, leave your links and I will visit soon!! I hardly find time for sleep nowadays but I promise things will slow down soon, hopefully!


xo
Andrea









SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Hello, dear Andrea! I am back, sorry for my absence, due to a long trip, when I don't use computers very much! I know you must be busy! And by the way, really good that you are shopping your closet, because sometimes we do have things that we bought in an impulse and they are in our wardrobes for so many years! I loved this dress, so nice and the color, and collar :) so sweet! I am glad you feel more confident, and you have such a wow body, you should feel good! The background is so beautiful as well! I am not so keen of Valentine's day, and I will be quiet at home or will go to a museum :) Hope you are fine!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect, romantic look! Love that bright coral shade on you! Happy Valentine's Day! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this coral color on you! Works so well with your skin tone! Love love love <3

    Chantal xoxo

    chantalboyajian.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so pretty! What a great color on you! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    xo, Jennifer
    wwwpublicistinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing dress!!
    So cool hair style!
    XX
    Chiara
    http://shesinfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! I'm too much of a pus to wear a body con lol but you rocked this! Thnx for the luv on my blog, appreciate it!

    xo Miriam
    Scripts of Flair

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig