Thursday, January 21, 2016

Valentine's Night Out on the Town

Hello!
I have been super stretched out lately due to overload of work and starting the last 6-9 months of my PhD (!!!!), so I haven't had a chance to shoot some outfits, but more will be coming soon. Since it is almost end of January (!!! how is time flying so fast?!?), I decided to do a post on my Valentine's Outfit that I am planning - the boy hasn't said anything about plans yet but who doesn't love shopping for new dresses! We don't usually do anything big other than go to dinner sometimes the weekend after, but I'm going to suggest we do something a little bigger this year.

I was inspired by the glam feel of San Francisco Fairmont Hotel - I've only been to San Francisco once before, but I would love to go back and go out to dinner at one of the chic upscale restaurants in the district or at a fancy hotel! If you are looking for great hotels in San Francisco, do check it out and let me know what you think!
I came up with two outfits that I could wear based on my mood and what kind of vibe I wanted to give - both I think are romantic and super stylish, but whether I was feeling like a bad ass (top) or more romantic (bottom), I could choose. I know its cliche to wear red on Valentine's, but I'm in love with burgundy for February. It is a color that I think I look good in.
For bad ass chic (top): I went with a flowy sleeved dress that is super boho and clean. Silver accessories like a necklace and a black bag and heeled boots complete the outfit look. I'm also feeling floppy hats, even though it'll be evening, why not? I've seen people wearing them inside and if we do something before earlier in the afternoon evening, why not wear to dinner? And as far as makeup, I love a classy cat eye with some glitter glam, and some burgundy red lips! So perfect! My favorite burgundy lipstick is a shade from Hikari that I love, so I would totally wear that!

Valentine's Night Out on the Town



For Romantic Classy (bottom): I decided on a red lace dress with 3/4 sleeves. I love how romantic and classic it is, and I love anything lace. Paired with some black stilettos, a black bag and some accessories and romantic wavy pony tail, what a perfect outfit! In addition, for this outfit I would wear a classic red lipstick to just up the class a bit. And lastly, channeling a little Michael Jackson and a little Audrey Hepburn, I saw these red satin gloves - don't know if I could pull them off but I think i would try!
Strolling around San Francisco and heading towards a classy hotel bar I think would be the start of the night, and then ending with dinner at one of the amazing restaurants at the hotel, I'm feeling the San Francisco Fairmont that I mentioned earlier, would be an amazing way to spend Valentine's day with my love!
How are you planning on spending Valentine's day? Any plans? Also, TGIF. I'm ready to rest this weekend! 
Let me know in the comments below!
xo
Andrea


Shop similar items!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I don't have a Valentine, but that red lace dress would be something I would want to wear! HAHAHA Maybe it would attract a Valentine!

    Hang in there Andrea! This won't last forever! PhD's are always hard.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig