Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Happy December - Fall Tribal Print Dress

Happy December!
I can't believe it is almost the end of 2015! Time is really flying!

I have been struggling these last couple of months with work and school, and the stress just really got to me. I have mentioned stress in my previous posts, but I have figured out the headaches I was getting every day were from a combination of stress, not sleeping enough or resting enough, and actually I think it was a migraine that remained during the last couple of weeks, which sucks.
Thanksgiving break came and I had a 4 day long weekend where I didn't think about work at all, hung out with different groups of friends, and relaxed. It was a great way to reset and my headache is gone! My baseline stress level is down, and again, it could be that I actually had a chronic migraine but I'm going to assume relaxing during thanksgiving did the body good!

I also found out I wasted three months of my research because things didn't work/had some fatal flaws where the protein I was working with wasn't what I thought it was... so that was pretty discouraging as well.

My goals for December, as it is a short month (with all the holidays), is to not stress out! to be happy in the moment, and to just take every task and every thing one step at a time! What are your goals for this month and into the new year?

Well, anyway, onto the fashion. I wore this really cute Tribal Print Dress I bought from Target a few weeks ago (Dress Similar Here) - and it was only $20! I loved the skater style of the dress, as it was flattering on my figure, and I really liked the lace pieces up by the top of the dress! I accessorized with some simple bangles and a statement necklace from Charlotte Russe (Similar Here) and a pair of simple black heels that I have styled before from Nine West (See Black Heels Similar Here). Also, I'm sporting the Apple Watch that I won, I have mixed feelings about it but it is cool to have a smart watch nonetheless!



 

Dress: Target | Shoes: Nine West | Watch: Apple Watch Sport | Necklace: Charlotte Russe

How have you dealt with stress in the past? Do you have any tips for me? 
How was your thanksgiving? Did you travel anywhere or stay with friends and family?

What do you think about this outfit? Do let me know in the comments below!

Have a great rest of your week!

xo

Andrea
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love the print on this dress, it's definitely a statement piece and you styled it perfectly!

    - Maya at www.TheKelleyDoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh sorry to hear about the month you've been having! It seems like you really had a lot on your plate. My stress tactic tends to be not thinking about it, which is terrible haha. Taking a break helps a lot too, even if it's just for a little bit to do something I like!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey andrea. i am so sorry to hear this. you work very hard and for things like that to happen is discouraging. trust me, i've been there. whatever you can step back away from do it until things become more settled. when you try to do too many things, it can become overwhelming. you look great in that dress! i love the style and print.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello beautiful Andrea! I am very sorry about the headaches, the stress and the research not working out. I, myself, get migraines headaches frequently and I know they are not fun. On the other hand, I am glad you were able to relax during Thanksgiving weekend. The much needed break brought back to you the balance and harmony that your body needed. You certainly have a lot going right now so stress is something you will have to deal with however, there are things you can do to help. I have learned through my up and downs in life, that our thoughts is what create our reality so I now work very hard on my thinking patterns and the amount of time I spend thinking. You got it right, living in the moment will help you a lot. Everything you are doing is necessary to reach a goal that you really want so my advice to you is, from now on, to know that everything is in divine purpose and is going to be ok. Do what you need to do (very important to take action) but always know in your heart that everything will be alright. Visualize what you want (end result) and let it go and you will eventually see that with faith and a clear vision your stress levels will dissipate. You will also begin to see the results you want. I learned the hard way (later in my life) but it is never too late, right? Hope my 2 cents help! And going to the outfit, love the dress and the way it looks on you. You look beautiful and very happy. Your hair is so pretty too! Keep up the good work Andrea and regarding the research situation just take the lessons learned and move on! You can do it Andrea my friend! I believe in you! And visualize, visualize, visualize and give thanks in advance as if you have already gotten what you want! It works like magic! Believe me:-) Love and blessings to you. Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the migraines... I don't know much about it myself, but I have a friend who suffers this a couple of times per year. It can completely throw a wrench in your life!

    Looking lovely in that dress.. and I love your cute heels! :)

    When I was doing my PhD, I spent three months trying to figure out why my experimental set-up wasn't working. And then after a off-the-cuff remark of one my colleagues, I was thinking: "Nah.. it couldn't be that simple and obvious?". Turned out one of the components in the set-up wasn't working as expected. Lost time, but learned a lesson about making assumptions.

    I'm sure you will overcome your scientific challenges and get that PhD! :D

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig