Friday, September 4, 2015

Style Trends: Cheap dresses for a Fall Formal Event

Hello loves!
Happy Friday! I am sooo glad it is basically the weekend! This week seemed to drag by. I finally got back into the groove of things (it only took me a month! oops!) but I guess everyone needs time to relax and destress!
I really can't believe it is September! Fall is basically here (or so it seems, in LA it is still just hot), so I am excited for the new trends that I'm feeling -- I would love for the weather to cool down a bit so I can wear boots and sweaters, but I can still incorporate some pieces into my wardrobe!
In addition, there are lots of events going on in fall, including fall weddings or other formal events to attend, whether it be anniversary dinners, birthday dinners, baby showers, weddings, etc., and here are my picks!
I love maroon/purple/dark blue for fall - perfect shades for the day getting shorter (sigh! I don't like shorter days...), and the impending cold (we wish, in LA!). I really like these flattering darker formal dresses from Promtimes.co.uk, cut right above the knee! Perfect length, and they are all under $50! Super affordable even for a poor grad student on a budget!  I love the different cut necklines, from one shoulder to sweetheart strapless to regular straps, they all seem to be flattering! and can be worn for many different occasions! Accessorized with the perfect statement necklace (I'm feeling silver accent pieces this Fall) and the right heeled pumps (nude or black?), perfect outfit for a night out or wedding/event!

Style Trends: Cheap dresses for a Fall Formal Event


I also thought Promtimes.co.uk's selection of "wedding" dresses was stunning - these dresses are marketed as wedding dresses for under 100$, but I could see myself wearing these to formal events too!  again I loved the different necklines, particularly the first one where there is lace! I also recently adore sweetheart necklines! how romantic. I thought strapless is great, and I picked these fun short dresses (I guess there is now a trend for short wedding dresses!).

All of these dresses from Promtimes.co.uk are cheap and look fabulous! Accessorized with the right pieces, you have the perfect outfit for any special occasion!
I would accessorize with a silver statement necklace, along with some bracelets or an arm cuff chain (how cool! I loved it when I saw it, I would totally rock it!). And makeup - for fall, I am loving a smokey glam look similar to some makeup looks I have created in the past using my Urban Decay palettes!
What do you think about these dresses? What kind of trends are you wearing for the fall? Do you have any special events you will be attending this fall like a wedding or another formal event? Do you have any other cheap alternatives for students on a budget? Let me know in the comments below!
xo
Andrea
PS. The winner of my Blog Birthday Giveaway is ... Shanna! I will be contacting you via email, so keep an eye out for that!! Thanks to everyone for entering and taking part in my Blog Birthday Celebration! I will have another giveaway soon! 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow, yes, it's September! I love fall, by the way, and yes, in LA it's a bit more difficult to have it... but still, I hope you have a nice time and opportunities to wear a nice fall outfit! I am sure you will! I love prom dresses, they are so princess-y like and I love the magical atmosphere! There will still be many weddings in October, so the dresses are good for that, as well! Hope you have a very nice weekend, dear Andrea!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the darker colors, they're so perfect for fall! I think some tips for getting great quality clothes for cheap is to buy them secondhand from Vinted or Poshmark! I can't even begin to tell you how much I've saved from those apps!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea! I really love all the dresses you shared today. As of now I don't have any formal events coming up but who knows??? I may get married anytime soon! LOL, Dave and I keep talking about getting married one day but neither of us is in a rush to do it. We have been together for 10 years and we are happy the way we are but who knows???? Have an amazing Sunday my sweet friend and good luck with everything you do! Take care! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the darker colors as well. Perfect for Fall! They have such a variety :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this was a stunning post on “Style Trends”. These dresses look so beautiful. I would like to invest in one of these dresses for the upcoming space Miami events that’ll attend with my fiancé. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep... Fall is coming, time is going so fast, but it's great to be geared for the season with some treandy cloths for sure(:

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig