Thursday, August 20, 2015

Yellow Blazer and Back to work!

Hello loves!

I am finally over my jet lag, but I found out my wisdom tooth is infected, which isn't making me feel too great... Got some meds and hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon! I am also back at work, and slowly easing back into the daily routine, it has been a struggle getting back into it after relaxing and being out of the country!

I have my committee meeting next week (after fourth year we meet with our dissertation committee to update them on our progress and future plans/timeline to graduation), and this is an outfit that I am planning on wearing! It is a rather casual meeting, but I still want to look presentable, so I opted for simple solid colors that definitely make a pop!

Everything that I am wearing I bought while I was abroad (with the exception of the shoes)! I fell in love with Zara and Mango stores, found throughout Europe, and the prices are really affordable compared to their counterpart stores here in the USA! I had a previous pair of jeans from Zara that were super comfortable, so of course I tried on a few pairs and ended up buying this pair, dark stretchy jeggings from Zara! I also loved Zara's blazers! They had a few styles on sale, and I almost bought a white blazer (so close!) but decided against it because I don't have the best luck with not spilling on white things... I ended up finding this even more flattering yellow blazer that was more expensive but definitely worth it! It is made of quality material and I fell in love with the cut! 
The shirt underneath is a simple black tank from Forever21, paired with heeled booties from Express. I saw this purse while shopping at Zara, it looks like leather and is reversible, red on the inside, with a small zip up pouch inside to keep all your belongings safe. I really like it because it is big enough to fit my stuff while not needing to be too big, and it is jus so stylish! And once I get tired of the black I can wear it red! My jewelry was bought in Barcelona, I loved it! I went to a small boutique store and found these earrings and statement necklace! And lastly, these big cat eye sunglasses were only 20 euro from Mango! I had been on the lookout for cat eye sunglasses for a while now, and these are great quality for their price! They block out the sun well! 
Blazer: Zara | Jeggings: Zara | Shoes: Express | Tanktop: Forever 21 | Purse: Zara | Sunglasses: Mango | Necklace and earrings: Boutique store in Barcelona

My hair has gotten so long, by the way, now looking at the photos! I am thinking of getting it cut soon (short, like up to my shoulders for something new), but I kind of want to do something fun with it before, like dying it a fun ombre? dark blue? What would you think? Should I cut it or leave it? Short or just a trim? Ombre or highlights?

Wish me luck with my committee meeting next week!  I will likely have an idea of my timeline to graduation and the rest of the work I will be doing the rest of my time in my PhD! And then getting some career advice!

Did you remember to enter my Blog-Birthday giveaway yet? Check out the last post HERE!

What do you think about this outfit? Do you like the blazer? Do you own any fun colored blazers or would you only wear a simple dark color? Let me know in the comments below! 

xo Andrea

Follow me on INSTAGRAM! Like on FACEBOOK! or follow on BLOGLOVIN!

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I definitely am sending you all the possible good vibes to the committee next week, dear Andrea! And also, about the hair, nooo, don't have it cut, I like it so much this way, long, but just is only my opinion, please of course do what you prefer! Short will look nice, too, I am sure, but I like long hair :) I know I am biased, but I really like long hair. Ombre or highlights, I think it will look great on you! The bag is amazing, reversible, wow! I like practical reversible things! You don't have to fear not looking presentable, you always look amazing! I loved the yellow blazer, I loved vibrant colors for blazers too, and the necklace is so sweet! It is so nice that you found the nice shops abroad, it's true, they are good! I think you look very classy and beautiful and I hope you have a very nice weekend, dear Andrea! Hugs and kisses!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how you styled the blazer. So cute

    - Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectidude.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blazer!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this bright yellow blazer so much! You look both professional and comfortable!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello beautiful Andrea! Hope you are feeling better by now and that the wisdom teeth is not causing you any more pain. Glad you had fun on your trip to Europe and that you are back to your normal sleeping routine unlike me (I am still recovering from my trip!). I can see that you are back into your super hectic school/work routine. Girl, you are amazing! Not only are you stylish but you are also smart and very driven. The outfit you are planning to wear to your meeting is super cute. The blazer adds the right amount of color and looks amazing on you. Wishing you the best Andrea and sending you lots of love and blessings. XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful style! The yellow jacket is gorgeous. :) Have a wonderful week!

    xo, Bry

    PokerNight.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful style! The yellow jacket is gorgeous. :) Have a wonderful week!

    xo, Bry

    PokerNight.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Zara and Mango as well. This is a really pretty blazer, love that the color pops out. Sorry to hear about your teeth, hope it gets better soon!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I wish you luck! You look so good Andrea! Glad you were able to get away and get a breather from it all. Love your outfit.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blazer :) Kiss kiss from France, Sand.
    .
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, I love the yellow blazer against the blue wall! Stunning! You rock this look!
    Sending you much love & I hope your Monday is as marvelous like you!!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the splash of color!!!! great look!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blazer the color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig