Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Summer in Greece - Denim and Lace

Hello loves! 
I am back in full swing, finally back from my conference in Spain and vacation in Cyprus! I hope you enjoyed my previous posts during my trip, and now I bring you another fun photo shoot I had with my cousin in Protaras, a town of Cyprus with some of the more beautiful beaches on the islands! We stayed at a resort by the beach for the weekend and it was a great time! The resort had a really nice pool and its own private beach, walking distance from other picturesque beaches! I will share some photos from this on another post this week! 

I had a great time at the conference, I got to meet and network with other scientists and make some really great connections! I also got to see and explore Barcelona, which has been a city I have been wanting to visit for a long time now (since middle/high school!). And then hopping over the mediterranean to Cyprus was the icing on the cake, where I got to further extend my trip and relax by the beach and see family! 

I am currently suffering jet lag, I had a pretty awful trip back, making three stops, a twelve hour layover and attempting to sleep in the airport in Barcelona, a delayed flight that caused me to miss my connecting flight to LA, so I had to spend the night in a hotel in Philly. It was a 3 day process (its never taken me more than 20 ish hours to get back across from Cyprus to LA...). So with my lack of sleep I haven't been able to catch up yet and going back to work...its a tiring experience. Hoping I can get back to normal schedule soon!
This outfit I wore one of the nights in Protaras, where we went out with my cousin and her bf and his friends - I really liked how casual yet still dressy it is, enough for dinner and then drinks at a little bar. I loved the scenery around the resort, there was this amazing little church overviewing the sea - I fell in love with the crisp white and blue accents!
I bought the lace cut out top in Cyprus at Debenhams, by Jane Norman. I really liked the lace detailing and it really fit me well! I paired it with these light wash denim shorts from Hollister, I was really surprised that I fit into them - I always assumed Hollister's pants would be too small for me (I tried on their jeans once and they wouldn't fit over my bum!). I was a little insecure in these because I felt like my thighs looked huge - but I said to myself, look at how strong your legs look! They look big but they are strong. My legs have always been something I have been insecure about, but I need to get over that! The wedge heels I wore are from New Look, and I just love the cork wedge with the peep toe! Take a look below for the rest of the details!
Top: Debenhams, Jane Norman | Shorts: Hollister | Shoes: New Look | Fringe Purse: Ross Stores | Bangles: Gift | Sunglasses: Gift store |

What do you think about this outfit? I wish I could wear something like this to lab! 
I actually was sad I had to put pants on, I actually texted my friend, "If I put pants on does that mean that vacation is officially over?" 

Sadly, yes it does mean vacation is finally over!
Hopefully I can get over this jet lag soon! Do you have any tips for getting over jetlag?

Have you ever been to Barcelona or Cyprus? Where else in the mediterranean have you been? I'd love to know in the comments below!

xo
Andrea

Follow me on INSTAGRAM! Like on FACEBOOK! or follow on BLOGLOVIN!




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Jet lad used to be my name till last year, and this year I decided to slow down - and my only tip is sleep as much as you can now! 3 days instead of 20, 22 hours, it's a lot! I am so glad you could visit Barcelona, since you wanted to do so, for so long! I was near Barcelona once, planned to visit it and at the last minute I couldn't, so it is a gap in my "cv" for me :) Maybe one day :) I am in love with the pictures of Cyprus and glad you enjoyed it! You look gorgeous, and it is a surprise that Cyprus has Debenhams, so good! Next is always very comfortable and nice and I loved your shoes! Now I hope you relax a lot and sleep, it's needed! Welcome back, dear Andrea! XXXX
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and the background colors. Can't wait to see more photos from your trip and all the scenery. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had lots of fun- both Barcelona and Cyprus sound exciting! Loving your outfit here, it's perfect for vacation :) Have a lovely day and I hope to see you on my blog :) xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo you look sessy, girl! Loving this chic, fun look on you! :D Thanks for posting so many pics on IG of your trip! Loved seeing the landscapes and all your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Love how you styled it

    -Adi xxo
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw all your snapchat's of Greece! It is gorgeous! You guys had fun and the food looked so delicious. I bet you missed it. But I'm so happy you had the experience, plus you can go back.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig