Saturday, April 4, 2015

ExpBio Day 5 - The Final Presentation

Hello everyone!
Sorry for the lateness of this post, but I was exhausted with all the running around at the end of the conference! I bring you the last post in my series of Conference Fashion posts for the Experimental Biology Meeting I went to in Boston this week! The last day of the conference was Wednesday, and I was presenting my data in a poster session (see last photo of the post!). I was sad to be done in Boston, as I fell in love with the city and the city life. I was also sad the conference was over, as I had learned so much going to all of the talks and interacting with all of these great, intelligent people! 
A lot of people came to my poster, and I was excited because most of the people I saw give talks came to talk to me and hear about my research. I got a lot of great ideas and had some amazing conversations about new research in the field! I am inspired to go back and do more experiments!

I wasn't going to photograph my last outfit, as I had a really hard time deciding what to wear (I changed about 4 times, all too early in the AM before I had to pack my things and check out before setting up my poster at the convention center! can you say STRESS??!). BUT, I am really happy with how my outfit turned out, very professional and sleek! 
I decided I wanted to wear this greenish-turquoise statement necklace from Forever21, so I tried to put together pieces that would be simple and work well with the color and piece! (Statement necklace dictating the outfit for the win!)

I decided to wear my really cute gray dress pants from NY&C (finally got to wear them!), along with a simple white tank top from Forever21 covered with a simple black blazer. The blazer was simple enough, with only one button, which I think was really flattering versus a traditional long blazer. It cut well, and fit just perfect at my waist. It was just the right length and cut for my body shape!
I wore my boots under the wide leg of the pants, and it was perfect because they were comfortable and gave me just enough height that I wasn't stepping on the pants (Dress pants tend to be too long on me, but these pants were "Petite" from NY&C but still managed to be a *little* long). 
I absolutely loved this lipstick I put on, the shade is really flattering on my skin color, it was from Hikari brand, shade Cabernet, which was the perfect deep shade of plum/pink. It really completed my look! 

Me in front of my poster presenting my research! (Sorry I had to blur it out, data not published yet, but soon!)

I wanted to venture outside again and take my photos by Boston Commons, but it was cold, and I was in a rush. Next time!

Anyway, what do you think about this final outfit? Is it good for a presentation? Have you ever based an outfit around one piece that guided your outfit choice?

Let me know in the comments below!

Andrea

Check out the posts from the rest of the week for the Conference:

Day1
Day2
Day3
Day4
SHARE:

29 comments

  1. You look beautiful. Kisses!

    galerafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great and professional! Congrats on your achievements, you can be really proud of yourself!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect for going for the business look! :D

    Have a great Easter Sunday! :D
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much ! hope you had a great easter too :) xo

      Delete
  4. you look really nice & professional!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOvely necklace your wearing!
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the necklace :)
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Monday, love! Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! Loving today’s look! You always look absolutely adorable! Sending you much love!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look lovely and very beautiful and that your outfit, with the blazer and pants as a suit, and the white top are perfect to present your research, really elegant! Yes, the good thing about not having time to see some things is that... we then go back to the place we loved! Hope you do it soon!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the nice words Denise!! <3 xo

      Delete
  9. loving the necklace!

    cheers,
    Idalia
    http://www.abstractorganza.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Professional look with the pop of a fun statement necklace!!! You look great and that hotel room made for the perfect location to shoot! LOVE IT

    XO SAMIRA
    www.stylemesamira.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Samira!! XO I had to make due with what I had, hotel room i guess was best option, since when I ventured outside to shoot I nearly froze my bum off ! haha! :D xo
      Andrea
      www.phdfashionista.com

      Delete
  11. You looked so good Andrea! Very professional and modern. Love that blazer and your necklace & makeup was gorgeous! Congratulations on your presentation!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your sweet words Kim!! xo

      Delete
  12. This is such a beautiful and corporate outfit hun :) Hope you had a wonderful time at the conference

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much rachel! I had a great time :) xo

      Delete
  13. You look lovely! x


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is gorgeous !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig