Thursday, April 9, 2015

Beautiful LA Day - Twist and Turn Open back top - Leaf and Crown

Hello loves!
I am attempting to get back to my regular posting schedule, traveling, conference, and lab work has really worn me down the last two weeks! I feel like I already need a vacation and I just got back to work! I am also taking classes on top of lab work, so I am going crazy! 
But anyway, here is a recent outfit I wore to lab and lunch with a friend, and who actually designed the top I am wearing herself, Dina Arrieta, owner, designer and blogger of Leaf and Crown (Leafandcrown.com). It was really hot here in LA, but I had to have my legs covered for lab, so I wore my Zara jeans and usual heeled boots from Target, and I wore this Twist and Turn Open Back Tee. I love wearing black, and this black top was just way too cute and flattering! The neckline was perfect and it hugged my curves in all the right places! The open back detail was just great, I really liked it and it hid my bra straps well! (sorry if thats TMI... but that is a big problem with us girls who can't just not wear a bra!)

I felt fine wearing it to lab, it usually gets cold from the central air in the building, so I ended up wearing a sweater over it when I was sitting at my desk and I got chilly, but it made for a very easy transition to going out for drinks with some friends after work! Even wearing it to walk around on campus for coffee, it was nice and casual while still super stylish!
You can find/shop for this top on the Leaf and Crown Etsy store (https://www.etsy.com/shop/leafandcrown), and it comes in a variety of colors! I particularly loved the black top but I also loved the top in purple or red!

A little about Leaf and Crown: a fresh, flirty lifestyle brand designed by Dina Arrieta, made locally in San Francisco with top quality materials. She is launching her brand with a small clothing line on Etsy, but Dina plans to grow her offerings further with art, home accessories, and more. Pretty cool seeing as she is just my age and already started her own brand!

Top: Leaf and Crown | Jeans: Zara | Boots: Target | Sunglasses: Gift | Bracelets: Gift | Necklace: Swarovski

Photos taken by Dina Arrieta herself! 

What do you think about this outfit? What do you think about the top details? 

Let me know in the comments below!

xo
Andrea
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Wow, Dina Arietta took the pictures herself, that's great! And she's the designer - what for a great top, I loved the back detail! Good that you had lunch with a friend, you are taking classes and having lab work, so a lot! I loved the outfit and how you look that beautiful, with jeans (I love jeans) and boots! Hope you have a very beautiful weekend!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isnt it lovely?! thanks so much denise! xo

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful outfit. I love boots. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conferences will definitely wear you out! Especially if you have to present also. I think you've done well. What a great, sassy top! Looks awesome on you!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE TOP! I love the twist back as well and it covers your bra straps, that is the best! So hard to find especially with open back tops! Such a great look to wear from day to night since the top is the show stopper! And can we talk about your hair..IT LOOKS AMAZING! Great look and photos!

    XO SAMIRA
    www.stylemesamira.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much samira! i love how my hair came out, it was so easy to do too! xo

      Delete
  5. Happy Fri-YAY, love! You look lovely, as always! I’m completely smitten with this look!
    Wishing you a fab weekend, and thank you for being such an inspiration!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your kind words Vanessa! Hope you have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  6. Hi! You are looking good!! The tops back is a cute surprise, don’t know how you manage to hide you bra though, I always struggle with this LOL

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    latest post: http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your kind words! hehe i dont know how i managed to either, it was rather easy though with this pretty shirt! xo

      Delete
  7. rocking that top and jeans!! :D awesome!

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sybil! have a great rest of your week! xo

      Delete
  8. rock chic!!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Andrea! The top is really cute and it looks amazing on you ! I am glad you were able to spend some time with Dina and it was very sweet of her to take your pictures (she did a great job!). Good luck on all of your school related matters (I really don't; know how you do it all!) and continue conquering all your passions, goals and dreams. I have no doubts you will!!! Super proud of you! Good luck also to Dina in her entrepreneur endeavor! I am sure she is going to do great! Have a wonderful week!! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the kind words jeannette! have a great rest of your week too xoxo

      Delete
  10. Looking so chic in that boots
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig