Monday, March 2, 2015

Makeup Monday - Vegas Birthday Look!

Welcome to another edition of Makeup Monday - Vegas Birthday Look, using my Vice3 palette!
When I said this was a very versatile palette, I wasn't joking! I have used this palette to make so many different kinds of looks, that when I travel, sometimes its the only palette I need! On my birthday trip to Vegas this past weekend, we went to Tao Nightclub in the Venetian Hotel. We had such a great time, got on the Guest list and walked in for free and got some free drinks! 
I wanted to create a really glam look; I decided to go with my bold colors from the Urban Decay Vice 3 palette. 
I used a gold shade called Lucky on the middle of the lid, and added some black to the outer corner, careful to blend it nicely to create a smokey effect. 
My winged eyeliner isn't so great today, I had issues because I was about to run out of my liquid liner. But usually it comes out nice.



The Tutorial:



1. First, prime your lids with an eye shadow primer, I chose to use Urban Decay Primer potion!
2. Sweep (1) Bobby Dazzle across the inner corner of the lid, priming the lid with a nice shimmery white color, careful for fall out!
3. I added (2) Lucky slightly in the inner/middle lid, to get some pigment, and going over some of the Bobby Dazzle. I tried to pack a little bit more to make it more pigmented. I wanted to go with a glam look, so this gold shade was perfect.
4. I then added (3) Revolver to the outer corner, packing it to make it darker. I wanted a dramatic glam look, so this black was good. Just be careful with placement because otherwise if you misplace it will be hard to remove it without using makeup remover and having to redo the look!
5. I then used the fat end of the brush to blend the colors, going over the transition between Bobby Dazzle and Lucky first. I then start blending Revolver with Lucky. Make sure you blend the first two first, then the revolver, because you don't want to get the dark shade at the inner corner! I also blended the shadows into the crease using the same fat end of the brush to make it a smoother transition to the brow bone.
7. Line the upper lid with a liquid liner, bringing it to a cat eye if you like (Check out my Winged Eye liner tutorial HERE).
8. Coat your lashes with mascara and enjoy your look! I used Urban Decay Perversion Mascara with Subversion Lash Primer! For my liquid liner I used Maybelline Line Stiletto! My favorite!

And the numbered pictorial for shade placement:



And here is my completed look, I used Smashbox CC cream and contoured using my Smashbox Contour kit for my face, and then topped the look off with my new Armani Beauty Red lipstick! It was a great look and I was happy with my makeup! I was sad to take off my makeup at the end of the night!
                  

What do you think about this look?
Is it glam enough for Vegas? You can always wear this for a night out with friends as well!

xo 
Andrea

PS. If you haven't already, please give my Blog a LIKE on Facebook!! I would greatly appreciate it!
Or a follow on Instagram! XOXO

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. That makeup suits you beautifully, Andrea. You look def glam.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Vegas is so much fun and you looked great :) That's a pretty palette. I'm so sorry I didn't see you on Twitter! I had so many appointments last week, all I could do was post. I didn't look to see who added me. Sorry for that.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely very glam! I love how you blended the metallic shade with the black!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your make-up! Thank you for the tutorial, really inspiring! The result is amazing!

    Katarina x
    http://katarina-ahlsson.se

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH LA LA! YOU LOOK AMAZING GIRLFRIEND! LOVE THE EYE MAKEUP TOO & THAT BOLD LIP! yOU SHOULD DO IT MORE OFTEN! HOPE YOU HAD AN AMAZING BDAY WEEKEND!

    XO SAMIRA

    www.StyleMeSamira.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautifull! So glam! :) x Josune, Your Beauty Script

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty, Andrea! Fabulous tutorial. And...it sounds like you had a fab trip. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo and the way you blended the eye shadows :)))

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig