Friday, February 27, 2015

It's my Birthday! Celebratory Outfit!

Hello loves!
It is my birthday today! I am officially closer to 30 than 20 now :( Granted, I'm still young and no complaints here, but here I am sitting thinking about how much I've grown in the last 5-6 years! Not only have I changed coasts (West coast vs East coast), but I feel so much happier at this point in my life! For once I feel like I have things under control, both life-wise, school-wise, project/research-wise, and now blogging-wise! It's a good feeling to start off this next year, with many more changes and opportunities in the next year!

If it's one thing I've learned this past year, is you gotta "hustle" to make your dreams come true! Now, by hustle I mean work hard, as we say in the blogging world. Blogging started out as a simple hobby that I didn't put much effort into, and now I am excited to take good quality photos and to come up with different posts every week! It gives me a creative outlet, when I feel like sometimes research takes over my life. I LOVE to shop, especially have been shopping a lot recently, so this is a way for me to showcase my new findings :)

Anyway, here is an outfit I wore to dinner with the boy for my birthday! It is a simple outfit, I have worn this outfit before but now I made it more appropriate for going out rather than the lab - reusing elements I have worn before in recent outfits (like the necklace, the tank top, and the shoes!) to make a completely different outfit! I normally don't like wearing white bottoms, as I have a tendency to spill things. But I absolutely loved this statement white poofy skater skirt from Kaitlyn Clothing, here in Westwood near UCLA.  The skirt is super flattering and flirty. I paired it with a simple black tank top I have worn multiple times before, my leopard print heels from Jessica Simpson, and lots of accessories to complete the outfit! 

My necklace is from Charlotte Russe, and I have worn this in a previous outfit. The black bracelets I have also worn before, gift from my aunt. I also wore some pretty bracelets from a current favorite, Boyajian Trend Gallery, the Bisous White Mother of Pearl Bracelet of their Missoma Collection, and the Fibonacci Petal Trio Bangle from their Believer Jewelry collection! These pieces were just so cute and made the outfit! I am also carrying the Taupe Leather Tag clutch from Boyajian Trend Gallery's Toscannia Collection! It was very versatile as I could tuck the chain strap inside the bag and use it as a clutch! 

Top: Tank Top Forever 21 | Skirt: Kaitlyn Clothing | Shoes: Jessica Simpson | Necklace: Charlotte Russe | Bracelets: Missoma Collection and Believer Collection from Boyajian Trend Gallery, black bracelets were a gift | Purse: Toscannia Taupe Leather Tag clutch from Boyajian Trend Gallery

What do you think about this outfit for a casual yet still sophisticated birthday dinner?

To continue the birthday celebrations, I am heading to Las Vegas later today for birthday celebrations with friends for the weekend! I am really excited for great food, great company, and a great time! I've had a really busy/hard two weeks with research/work, so it will be a nice small "trip" from LA to Vegas to celebrate and not think about lab for a little!

I will post my going out outfits, as we are definitely going to a club tonight after dinner! Look out for my birthday celebration outfits coming next week! 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! I love hearing from you! 




SHARE:

12 comments

  1. You look stunning! Love everything about this look, and I love your smile too! happy Birthday & Have a great weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! Perfect for your bday in Vegas! Hope you have a blast in Vegas girl! Happy Birthday! XoXo

    Samira xx
    www.StyleMeSamira.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    You look so amazing :)))

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! You look so beautiful and I LOVE your outfit! Black and white always looks so CHIC!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know i am late, but wish you a very happy belated birthday. Loved your bday outfit dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your birthday wishes! :D

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday, girl, and many many happy returns. May all your dreams come true. You look stunning in your b_day outfit.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look really cute in that look! Love your white skirt in particular - it suits you so well!

    Katarina x
    http://katarina-ahlsson.se

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday, such a cute birthday look <3
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful :) Happy Birthday :) Wanna follow each other?

    http://neednodirections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. classy in black and white! happy birthday!! :)

    Happy March!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig