Monday, January 26, 2015

Makeup Monday - Winged Liquid Liner Tutorial

Hello loves!
Happy Monday! 
I am just getting over/still having a little cold, but that hasn't stopped me from working like a mad woman, both at work (trying to submit a paper!) and on the blog (some new collaborations in the works!).

Here is a requested Cat Eye Liquid liner look that I seem to have perfected -- practice makes perfect! I use the Maybelline Line Stiletto - It is amazing and so easy to use! 

The Tutorial:


1. I first apply my eye makeup, I created this look using the Naked 3 Palette.
2. I start by lining the inner corner as close to the lash line as possible, with as steady a hand as possible! If  you cant get a straight line, start with small dashes and connect them!
3. I then move to the end and draw a line for the wing!
4. Then, keeping the skin taught, I complete the "triangle" for the wing.
5. Next, I finish the liquid liner on the rest of my lid connecting to the wing
6. Lastly, I fill in the wing with my liner as best as possible!
7. Repeat on the other eye.

Voila! 

Practice makes perfect, so just keep working on it if you have a hard time drawing a nice presentable wing liner look! Sometimes I don't get it to look the same on the other eye but you learn. 

There are lots of Youtube tutorials on how to do this, so check those out too for some inspiration!

If this isn't clear, let me know in the comments below and I can try to make a Youtube video as well!

xo - Andrea

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Great makup, I use a lot makeup :) and I love it. I follow you, dear, could you follow back, pls. Kiss

    http://mylovelyfashionbih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeup look :) Thanks for sharing hun

    Rachel xxx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andrea! I still need to learn how to master the winged eye liner look. I think my issue is to find a good liquid eye liner (with a good brush). Love the way you did the tutorial. Great illustrations and the instructions were very easy to follow. Now I have to practice, practice and practice! Thanks so much beautiful girl and I am super happy for you on your upcoming collaborations. You deserve the best! XOXO, Jeannette

    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so nice :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bad at using liquid liners... Thanks for this tutorial!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been "itching" to try this look! Fab tutorial! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I have always wondered how to do this. Thanks!

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely tutorial dear! thanks for sharing ! totally love the neutral color :)

    xx
    Rica
    www.switbbydoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the shadow color. this is so neat. generally mine is always messy lol.
    new post on my blog, do drop in :)
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. I've been trying to create this on myself but I am so hopeless. Honestly I actually hadn't considered practising before, crazy right?! Practice does make perfect though...

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tutorial Andrea! Still working on perfecting my liner like yours! :)

    --Samira xx--

    http://www.stylemesamira.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tutorial Andrea! Still working on perfecting my liner like yours! :)

    --Samira xx--

    http://www.stylemesamira.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! :) I love the winged eyeliner look!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig