Thursday, January 29, 2015

Conference Fashion with Statement Pieces

Some fun news -- I will be a Meeting Blogger for a conference I will be attending for the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) at the end of March in Boston!
I'm really excited because I will get to blog about the science and fashion! I will be presenting my research in a poster session, as well as attending talks from renowned researchers, networking, and making connections with scientists! Stay tuned for outfit posts from the conference as well as some scientific posts - not sure yet if I will be posting here but more info to come soon!

Here is a professional conference look I styled with some statement pieces -  a plain white tank top with a pretty black pencil style skirt with pleats, a perfect canvas for bright, colorful accessories!

I fell in love with this Sasassi Necklace from the Minu Jewels collection of Boyajian Trend Gallery, as well as a lovely green cocktail ring from their Ona Chan collection! I also included a basic Black Gold bracelet from the Yayoi 'Element One' Collection, also available at the Trend Gallery! It was such a cute, subtle, but still statement piece, and very unique from other bracelets I have seen/own/worn!


I was mesmerized by everything from the collections on Boyajian Trend Gallery, I had a hard time deciding what to accessorize with, but these pieces stood out to me.  I adore the Sasassi Necklace and it adds the perfect amount of color to my outfit while still looking professional with the rest of the outfit! The Black Gold bracelet also added a nice touch!

I also take a lot of notes on my iPad, and to keep it stylish and matching with my outfit, I used a Bagabook cover, which looks like a purse or clutch, and I could match several different patterns with my outfit (see photos below, I mixed and matched!). It was a great and versatile way to accessorize my iPad! Until now I have been using an ugly blue Apple cover... now I can go to the conference in style! Bagabook also has covers for notebooks and books, perfect for taking written notes at the conference!

Since the conference is in Boston during the spring, and having grown up in Boston, I know the weather will be unexpectedly cold! So in order to keep warm (we are spoiled here in LA, where it was 70 degrees out while blizzarding in New England), I paired a black leather jacket, to give an edgy but still fashionable and professional look!



Top: Tank top, Forever 21 | Skirt: TopShop | Jacket: Express | Shoes: Nine West | Necklace: Minu Jewels Collection, Boyajian Trend Gallery | Ring: Ona Chan Collection,  Boyajian Trend Gallery | Bracelet: Black Gold bracelet, Yayoi Collection, Boyajian Trend Gallery| Earrings: crystal studs, personal gift | Purse/iPad cover: Bagabook


What do you think about this conference look? This is just a preview of what I will be wearing at the end of March! Do you like incorporating statement colorful pieces to plain canvas outfits?
Let me know in the comments below!

xo Andrea


Photos by my friend Alma at Practically Fashion. :)





SHARE:

9 comments

  1. What a great opportunity! Perfect chic, professional outfit- the necklace and jacket are nice touches :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Boston is a lovely city. You will love it! Great ensemble. I want that fab python print clutch of yours--it's fab! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great challenge, and must be so interesting!!
    Stylish look, and love your necklace!

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous necklace! I love the pop of blue!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous clutches, beautiful xx

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you about attending the conference. I am sure it will a wonderful opportunity and experience for both your professional and personal life. I can't wait to see what you will be wearing. The preview look you are showing us today is very chic and edgy at the same time. Love the jacket very much! Good luck with your research presentation. I am sure you will do amazing and I would love to hear about it! Have a wonderful week! XOXO, Jeannette
    www.msjeannieandhercloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute look! Have fun at the conference, it sounds like a great experience.

    xo katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. A well-written medical school personal statement is your first initial "interview" when applying. Here are 6 important things to consider that make your admissions packet stand out from the rest. See more how to write statement of purpose for phd

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig