Sunday, December 7, 2014

Natural Green Contact Lenses - Spooky Eyes sample

I have always wanted blue or green eyes. My grandmother has these bright blue eyes and her father had blue eyes but somehow I have inherited big brown eyes. I love my brown eyes but I have always wondered what I would look like with lighter eyes. I have been trying to get my hands on some colored contact lenses but couldn't figure out how to get them without spending a fortune at the optometrist, and after getting my eyes checked and being told I have 20/20 vision, I was advised against getting contact lenses since I didn't need them. 

Lucky for me, I am a part of the eTailPR blogger network, and I was able to get my hands on a sample of natural green contact lenses from Spooky Eyes, who generously sent me a pair to test out! I was super excited to finally receive my samples in the color "Natural Green Yellow Fusion."

I received the package and here are the details:

  • Included: One pair of soft, non-vision altering contact lenses.
  • Retail Price: $27.95 - on sale for 23.95! plus free shipping

Since I have never worn contact lenses, I had to go get soft contact lens solution (which was relatively cheap at the local grocery store) to clean and soak the lenses for two hours before wearing! I was a little nervous to put them in once they were ready, since I have never put them in before, and I couldn't stop blinking! I had a hard time getting on my eye, but after a few minutes of blinking and rearranging the lens on my clean fingers, I finally got it on my eye! I had to blink a few times to get it in the right position on my eye, but voila! it worked! I then had to get the other one in my left eye, and for some reason I had a harder time with the left. But after a few minutes (and after dropping it two times and having to clean again), I got it in my eye! The contacts felt a little weird on my eyes because I have never worn contacts before, but after wearing for a few hours they got more comfortable. Spooky Eyes suggests that you wear them for four hours and each time you increase the time by an hour or two to adjust your eyes! They are also 90 day lenses you can rewear, but shouldn't wear past the 90 days, just for eye health. These contact lenses combine style, comfort, quality and are FDA approved! So they're the real deal!

I really liked how I look with these contact lenses! I feel like I looked a little different, because I was so used to my dark brown eyes, but I loved them!  I am glad these ones were slightly different than what I am linking because I feel like the green-yellow fusion definitely makes it pop against my brown eyes! I definitely want to try another pair! I want a pair of blue lenses as well!

Spooky Eyes has a whole range of lenses, from natural looking colors to halloween shades, snake eyes, red lenses, total black, etc. I think it would be really cool to try those for a halloween costume next year!

What do you think about this look on me? Have you ever tried colored contacts for cosmetic reasons, or even if you have a prescription? Let me know in the comments below!



Thanks to Spooky Eyes for the beautiful lenses sample! I can't wait to try another pair!

xo - Andrea

PS. Please excuse my eyebrows at the moment, I am growing them out so I can reshape them... :D


*Disclaimer: I was sent this product by SpookyEyes to review, and everything expressed in this post is my own opinion! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig