Saturday, December 20, 2014

Holiday Makeup Essentials










What makeup to wear during the holiday season? Here are my latest picks for that glam holiday look, easily transitioned from day to night for those family holiday parties to night time excursions with friends! This is my makeup routine this holiday season! With a little saving and splurging, you can totally make this work on a graduate student stipend or low budget!




(1) Face : A lot of people use a lot of concealer, foundation powders, etc., but with my limited amount of time to get ready in the morning for work, I just go with simple things, like a CC cream from Smashbox in the perfect shade. I use a foundation brush to evenly apply the CC cream and it gives a flawless finish! I Then add some glow using a pink blush to the top of my cheeks. I recently bought this Smashbox Contouring kit, and plan to use it to create the perfect face! I haven't had any experience with contouring but I have watched enough Youtube videos to have an idea, and this kit comes with instructions for any face shape! And it comes with a contouring brush! Perfect to add to my collection (and I have to say, I really like the quality of the Smashbox makeup brushes!)



Holiday Makeup Essentials



(2) Eyes: First I use Urban Decay Primer Potion in original to prime my lids. This things works like magic -- I've said this before but my makeup lasts ALL day, even after a 10 hr day and a workout at the gym! And I love my Urban Decay Naked3 Palette, but I have received my Vice3 Palette that I ordered from Sephora and I am already IN LOVE!!! It was on my holiday wish list and I have been talking about it for the last couple of weeks/posting about it, so I finally splurged and got it! I adore all of the creamy shades and the combinations are endless! I have already made 3 unique looks for work that are glamorous and still work appropriate (More on these looks later!). I can't wait to keep exploring. It also has shades that can be subtle for every day and a lot brighter for more dramatic looks at night! 

I have recently had my eyes on these Too Faced palettes while shopping on Sephora.com. I eventually went with the Vice3 palette, but I still am saving up some money to buy these!  I love the combinations and colors, particularly the cat eye palette!

Of course an eye look isn't complete without a cat eye - winged liner (my favorite liquid liner is Jesse's Girl Black liquid liner), topped with DiorShow Black Out Mascara!

(3) Lips: Finally, any look isn't complete without some lip color! I have so many different lip glosses and lipsticks, but these are some of my favorites right now! Based on day/night look, you can glam up your make up look by changing lip from light to darker red!

All of these products are versatile enough to be able to create looks for both day and night for the holidays (and every day!)

What are your thoughts? Do you use any other versatile makeup palettes or sets?

xo Andrea




Urban Decay Naked Lip Gloss
nordstrom.com, sephora.com, urbandecay.com


Smashbox tinted moisturizer
beauty.com, sephora.com




Christian Dior Black Out mascara
$38 - selfridges.com


Smashbox lips makeup
sephora.com


Too Faced Cosmetics lipstick
beauty.com, sephora.com


Urban Decay Primer Potion 
$13 - nordstrom.com


Vice3
urbandecay.com

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I love the idea of the contouring kit and I'd love to try it!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea dear. I love every single product that you show.
    The potion primer is my fave!
    Merry Christmas!

    Kisses

    www.kelpasdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas sweetheart <3
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome products!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful products

    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great product :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the beauty products especially the Sephora "Too Faced Cosmetics beauty." productwww.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig