Sunday, February 9, 2014

Urban Decay Friends and Fanatics Event!

Hello readers! Sorry for the lack of posts! I have been crazy busy with grad school and work, I have been going insane with experiments and presentations. But I have still been on the lookout for new makeup and deals. I went out last night for a friend's birthday to a club in West Hollywood, it was really fun and I needed a night out! I did my eye makeup using the Naked3.

I have recently come to LOVE Urban Decay Makeup. I am in love with the Naked3 palette, and in one of my past Ipsy Glambags (I still have to review January's bag, oops! post soon!), I got a sample of the UD Revolution lipstick in Anarchy. You might remember my review and how I fell in love with it! It is so creamy and moisturizing, and the color is so bright and lovely!! I have been looking for an excuse to buy these lipsticks, and at $22, it is a little steep, but I think it is well worth the price!
and Lo and behold, UD is having a sale! AND there is early access to the sale, where you can get 20% off any makeup (excluding the Naked3) by using the code "FFSPRING14," from now until Valentines day!!

I'm really trying to decide if I should just buy these from the Urban Decay website or Sephora.... hmmm.... which would you order from? There's no 20% off on Sephora but you can get a lot more free goodies and I would get my Birthday gift (My Birthday is coming up at the end of the month!!) and Beauty Insider points.... decisions decisions.... what would you do??

Here is what is in my cart at UrbanDecay.com:







I saw reviews on these colors from a blog, I don't remember which one it was! But the blogger did a great job with showing the shades with swatches and these were my favorites! I also tried these shades when I went to Sephora recently, and I fell in love.
The mascara looks great as well, it has really nice reviews and I like the wand. Although I am hesitant to leave my DiorShow BlackOut Mascara, since I am in love. The mascara is $20 compared to my Dior mascara at $25, but I may just try it.

Do I press check out or wait??!?! Anyone know how often Urban Decay has sales like these?
What do you think about my picks?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post chicky! Sorry I haven't commented in a while-- soo busy with work and family functions!

    So I think I can really help you out here... well I cannot help you on the lipsticks, but can give my two cents on the mascaras for sure!! I have always been a huge Dior girl--and DiorShow will always be my holy grail mascara product; however, due to its price, I use drugstore mascaras on a day to day basis and save Dior Show for weekends or important occasions.

    Upon checking make up out at Sephora, I wanted to try some make up samples at the make up counter and picked urban decay's super curl curling mascara to try. as the consultant was applying it to my lashes I just absolutely loved it. It applied so easily, with just a few strokes my lashes looked as if they had just gotten a perm! LOL very good curling affect. I believe UD throws this mascara in with a lot of their sample boxes.. that is how one of my girls got it and later recommended it to me. So when I saw it at the make up counter, I really wanted to try it out first hand.

    The only con I would have to say about this mascara is of course the price--if I were paying that much id just go for my dior show blackout mascara-- I would recommend you purchasing the travel size like I did which is only $8.75. The other con is that it dries very quickly. It also is not very pigmented, and I have very dark lashes as it is so this wasn't an issue for me but for my best friend who has brown lashes-- she had to apply it with another drug store mascara just to get the color she wanted.

    Overall, I love this mascara but pricewise, I would just stick with Dior Show black Out mascara. However it Is always nice to try some thing different!!

    Great post chickadee!

    Rica xx
    www.LaBellaVitax0x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love those lipsticks. The colours look amazing...haven't tried urban decay stuff before though but I'm tempted to buy at least one of those lipsticks.

    Sam
    www.lilmissbuttercup.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig