Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Recent hairstyles

So I am obsessed with doing a braided headband! I posted the pic in "What I'm wearing right now" post from my instagram but I wore it again at another night out with my hair down! It worked pretty well! Although at first I had a hard time getting it to stay pinned to the side.
So what I did was I took a thick, long piece of hair from behind my ear and braided it. I then twisted it upward behind my ear, across my head and pinned it behind my other ear with bobby pins! It was super easy! My hair was very slippery though so I had to put some hairspray to hold it in place. But it looked so good! Like a real headband! I used my "Be a bombshell" Lip crayon from my Ipsy Glambag and I am in love with the color!



Here's the look with a messy bun! Just pull your hair back into a pony tail and wrap it around into a messy bun! Use a hair tie to secure into place! I used flower bobby pins I bought in hawaii to keep my braid in place because I couldn't find my other bobby pins! But they put a nice touch!



I also bought these Betsey Johnson earrings from Groupon! They came in and I was really excited. They were originally 40 dollars apparently, and I think I bought them on groupon for about 7-8 dollars! They are cute, I wore them to work the other day!


I had a little manicure lunch date with some friends yesterday, my friend bought her nail kit and we painted nails! I tried doing a gradient with sparkle, which came out better than I expected. Only sad thing is by the end of the work day yesterday one of my nails was ruined and today it has been chipping off. I blame the gloves we wear in lab. UGH. this is why I stopped painting my nails, because they get ruined super fast! The only type of polish I've noticed lasts a while is a gel manicure, but I can't really afford to pay to get them done frequently. I've only gotten a gel manicure twice, but I want to save them for special occasions or vacations where I know I won't be wearing gloves for at least a week!
I used to do lots of cool nail designs; I'll have to do a separate post on all of my cool designs!

What are you up to for Thanksgiving? I just got home from a long day at work, finally taking a day off tomorrow and not stepping foot in the lab! So I can just relax since I worked all weekend as well!
Anyway, let me know your thoughts! Have a great holiday!

xoxo Andrea
SHARE:

1 comment

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig