Sunday, February 24, 2013

February Ipsy glam bag

My February Ipsy bag came in a few days ago!
I have to say, I wasn't very impressed this month. I feel like I used more of the samples from last month. This month, it came with a mascara, gel liner, face primer, lash cards, and little eye shadow samples. The bag is a shiny black bag, it's cute but looks a little cheap... I preferred last month's bag!
So the face primer is from Pixi... I don't know how much I'll use it as I'm not really big on the foundation/face primers. I prefer to not have my pores clogged with makeup unless I go to an event or clubbing. So maybe I'll use it once. It didn't seem to blend really well, I kept blending it in and it seemed to just rub away. I guess I'll really see how it is when I'm doing my make up.
The Mica gel eyeliner looks really good, I hadn't had a chance to open it yet, but it seems to be very black. I am currently using a regular liquid liner from Maybelline called stiletto, maybe when that is finished I will try this gel liner! I've never heard of the brand but I have been into using new brands -- I have an eye shadow primer from Nyx -- seems to work pretty good!
The eye shadow sample is from Coastal Scents; the colors look nice, I received "candlelight," "gunmetal," "incognito," and "ashen." Very romantic shades for a nice smokey eye look.
The mascara, I'm not sure if I will actually use it. I will do a comparison soon. I currently use DiorShow Blackout mascara that I am IN LOVE with... (see pics below). It just separates my eyelashes and curls them... all while making them stand out! Love it! And for 25 bucks at Sephora, how can you compete?!
I tried to use the Lash Cards last night as I was getting ready to go out in Hollywood....It was a little hard to use. I mean, it's not complicated to do but I couldn't coordinate myself to apply mascara and have the lash card on my eyelid. It's a great concept, and I want to try using it again. I always have a problem with clumping of my eyelashes and getting my mascara on my shadow after I have already applied it... So this is a great solution! Great idea!
February 2013 Ipsy Glam bag contents

Pixi Flawless and Poreleess Face primer

My eyes before placing mascara -- Left and using Lash Card on right--they give 2 different size curves based on the size of your eye!


Finished eye makeup! Primed my lids with Nyx eye shadow primer, and applied Maybelline eye shadow in Sunlit bronze, and then blended with Sephora bright blue eye shadow. Used Maybelline black eye liquid liner on top, Covergirl black pencil eye liner for water line, and DiorShow Blackout Mascara. 

Finished look!

I wore my MotelRocks blue and black lace dress with these heel-less wedges from Charlotte Russe! I loved my outfit! Headed out to the Colony club in Hollywood for my birthday with the Bruin Party Network! Shout out! it was such a great time, we took a party bus, skipped the line and walked right into the club where there was a table + free drinks! and then ride back at the end of the night! Can't wish for a better deal!
I had such a great time last night for my birthday, I've been itching to go clubbing!

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm sad its Sunday night already, back to work tomorrow. :(
But good thing about this week--my Birthday is on Wednesday! :) :)

Goodnight! xoxo A
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I read everything and love reading your responses! xo

Blogger Template Created by pipdig